Friday, June 5, 2015

LIGHT VEGGIE PASTA SALAD

I love picnics, and backyard BBQ's. Hubby dragged the grill out and got it all prepared for the season. New tank of gas, grates all cleaned.....I'm ready to get my "grill on!"

Today's recipe caught my eye because of several reasons; 1). I could substitute whole wheat pasta for the white pasta.  2).There's a ton of grilled veggies in it, and grilled veggies give the salad a delicious flavor. 3). The dressing is very light, and not calorie laden.

I've finally found a delicious pasta salad that will be healthy and satisfying for all. My hubby is crazy about it!



It's called Colorful Veggie Pasta Salad and it's from Katie Lee on "The Kitchen" TV show.
(recipe link at the bottom of the page)





Look at that color on the grill! I have a bumper crop of Basil this year so I decided to make my own pesto for the dressing.

You may find the recipe here that I used:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/pesto-recipe.html

After grilling cut the veggies into 1/2 thick planks or strips. Cut the corn off cob and combine all with the dressing. Then add the cooled pasta.


The dressing has a tasty light lemon flavor that melds nicely with the grilled veggies and pasta. Serve COLD----it's so yummy! It even tastes better the second day!


It's my new "go to" pasta summer salad..... HOPE YOU ENJOY IT TOO!

                       Kathleen


Link to salad recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/katie-lee/colorful-veggie-pasta-salad.html

4 comments:

  1. Another post I missed. This looks yummy. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's excellent. We loved it in my house. The combination of the light dressing and grilled veggies is a winner.

      Delete
  2. For me, this is what summer is about...grilling and grilling! I love to grill veggies, fruits, meats, pizzas, breads, and everything else that I can. As you said, grilled veggies are great to eat by itself or to mix in in pastas, dressings,and several other dishes.

    ReplyDelete