Monday, June 8, 2015

MY DAUGHTER'S DINING ROOM

I hope you all had a great weekend! We spent the weekend with our oldest daughter. Within the past 10 months she has changed jobs, moved over 1,000 miles, and built a new home. She's been quite a busy girl!

Of course when you start from scratch it can be a bit over whelming.. Since our family has had so many corporate moves, she asked if I would help her with some of the details. Of course, I said YES!

She sent me my airline ticket and off I went. The home selections process was first on the list. She selected all neutral color in tiles, granite, cabinets and wall color which left an open canvas for color in other areas.

I will be featuring several of the rooms in her home on the blog throughout the summer months. Today please join me as we browse her beautiful dining room..........



Her dining room is the first room seen as you enter her front door. It's open to the foyer by a beautiful large archway and has a gorgeous tray ceiling.

She had fallen in love with a trestle legged table, and then paired beautiful linen color chairs with it. Two of the chairs are tufted and trimmed with nail heads, the others are a very sleek design. A beautiful match for the table.







The draperies you see above are from Ballard Designs, they add just the right touch of casual elegance to her room.

 

She doesn't like clutter of any kind, so in keeping with a clean look, she added simple Pottery Barn mercury glass candlesticks topped with Flickering Flameless Pillar candles in Porcelain Blue.


The photo below, with limited lighting, gives the space a comfortable, inviting feeling in the evening.


This photo was taken in daylight and reflects more of the true colors.


Thanks so much for joining TLB today. I hope you enjoyed the tour of my daughter's dining room. I'm pretty impressed with her choices and decisions while creating this room. It's simply lovely!

                                                       Have a wonderful day.....


               Kathleen






4 comments:

  1. I'm going to really enjoy seeing your daughter's choices in home design, Kathleen. Love her DR. She & my husband would get along well together - he's a no-clutter kind of guy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Kathleen. I love her table that is awesome.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete