Tuesday, July 19, 2022

A QUICK REFRESH

 Good Morning TLB friends,

I hope that my post finds you well and enjoying the Summer weather. 

Remember I mentioned that quiet retirement for my husband and me.....well that has taken a turn in a different direction.  He's now President of a company in Tampa. When Willowpoint sold in two days, we moved our household goods to our southern Florida home.  We decided to rent an apartment for our temporary living in the interim move. (see below photo) What's that saying that Marlon Brando said in the GODFATHER, "He made me an offer I couldn't refuse?"  Well folks as you may have already guessed it's not quite time for the "retirement plan" just yet. Until then living on this property is not "bad duty!"


What does that mean for us now? Well since all of our household goods were already moved, it meant that our newly rented apartment would have to be furnished. Hmmmm....what in the world do we do?  My husband said to me, "hey what about a trip to that store where you can buy rooms of furniture?" I just looked at him and said, "you mean "Rooms to Go?" He responded with a resounding, "yes!" So off we headed. 

We purchased one of the groupings that they advertise in their flyers where you can buy a sofa, ottoman, loveseat, pillows, lamps and end tables. (Blooming Grove) But, we still needed an area rug. As many of you know I am a huge Amazon shopper. I browsed some magazines for ideas and saw a rug I liked and found it on Amazon. I love the coastal look of the blues and beiges, it reminds me of the Gulf and the sandy beaches. It is "fun" and that's what we wanted this new adventure to be......so the area rug completed our living room!


Artistic Weavers Robin Modern Striped Area Rug,7'10" x 10',Ivory (on Amazon)

We have a small dining area so we also bought a gray small round table and chairs also in " Rooms to Go." We felt like we were newly weds again! (even though we've been married for "45" years!!) By the way it was sooooo fun too!

                   

I made a trip to Walmart, one of my favorite stores for deals! I purchased sheets, blankets, and towels. Much to my great surprise I found a "goldmine" of not only great prices, but very nice quality. The towels I purchased are from The Better Homes and Gardens Signature Soft Towel Collection. They are so soft!! (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-Gardens-Signature-Soft-Bath-Towel-Collection-Cotton-Washcloth-Blue/293045059)

Our middle daughter and son-in-law gave us a set of beautifully soft Bamboo sheets from Amazon. I never thought Bamboo could be soft, but they are.  They have become our favorite sheets....I highly recommend them.(Shilucheng 100% Cooling Bamboo Sheets Set- Queen Size 1800 Thread Count Soft Bed Sheets,16 Inch Deep)

I have to admit this whole journey has been a daunting one, but we've settled in nicely now. We are fortunate enough to be closer to our oldest daughter and our granddaughter, which is such a "plus!" We take weekend trips to our southern Florida home and it's like a nice getaway.

What we have learned is, "You're never to old to tackle something new.....it can be quite refreshing once you take that  first step!"

                              Have a wonderful week my friends! 
                                              Kathleen





4 comments:

  1. Whoa! What a big change! I sure hope this works out well for you and your husband. You were probably just settling into your new norm of being retired and being around each other so much and now this! Now you'll have to do that all over again at some point. ;) Enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita, Yes this curve in our plan is taking some getting used to, but so far so good. Having our home ready for fulltime living and family within 35 miles is a big perk!

      Delete
  2. Even with your plans changing it sounds like this is going to work out well for you. I am glad you can be near your daughter and granddaughter too. That is a big plus. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris! Family means a lot so we will enjoy these days as long as we can. Nice to hear from you.

      Delete