Tuesday, June 14, 2022

PATRIOTIC TABLESCAPE

                        

     Hello friends! Thanks so much for stopping by TLB today. Have you been thinking forward like me to planning your 4th of July picnic yet? I've got some simple ideas to share with you on how to create that pop of Red, White and Blue for your patio or backyard. (I created this while we lived in Princeton, NJ and it is still my favorite "go to" for a touch of something different on the 4th of July.)


My foundation is not your "Mother's" standard tablecloth. I ended up using a burlap tablecloth that year. The red and white stripe runner was an easy sewing job for me; cut the fabric the length and width necessary for your table and just hem stitch the ends of the fabric to prevent fraying. I found the small red, white and blue pails, flags and lanterns in The Dollar Store. I sprayed the jars that I used for vases with (Rust-Oleum Frosted Glass Spray Paint in Lowe's).









I hope you've enjoyed today's post and walk away with ideas for your own tablescape. I stepped "out of the box" for  a bit to create this one. Go ahead, get creative and try something new too! As they say, "change is good!"
            
                               WISHING YOU A SAFE AND 
                                HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

                                               Kathleen











 








































 

6 comments:

  1. Kathleen I love your patriotic table setting. So pretty and love love that you used the burlap under your table runner. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris! I love to try new textures to change things up! Summer is just around the corner!

      Delete
  2. I remember this tablescape, and it still rings patriotic and all things summer! It's so HOT and humid here, I bet you're melting down in FL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patriotic was just what I had in mind! Who doesn't love a little Red, White and Blue right? I share your HOT and Humid comment--not my favorite time of year in FL!

      Delete
  3. Love this table setting against the lush green! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! We so enjoyed this home and yard! We've relocated many times, but this location in Princeton, NJ was by far one of our favorites.

      Delete