Monday, May 9, 2022

A LOVELY SPRING REMINDER


 Blossom by Blossom Spring Begins....


 

Over the weekend I had some time on my hands so I decided to add some Spring touches to the outside of our home. I ventured into Hobby Lobby and purchased the flowers, ribbon and container you see above. While grabbing my things and adding them to my cart I came up with an idea to
use this cone vessel to hold the flowers instead of a traditional wreath.  What you see above is exactly what I had pictured in my mind! The black metal cone container with decorative scrolling had an interesting look, and I thought it would be the perfect vessel to hold the Spring flowers. I attach my wreaths to the outside of my screen enclosure so they are visible from the exterior of our home. It's nice to greet our family and friends with some Spring color!

     The topiary trees are my "tried and true favorites" that I purchased from Wayfair years ago--the company's name is "Pure Garden." The quality has held up thru many of our relocations in cold as well as warm climates.
     

It's not always an easy task to keep my Florida plants alive, but since we're here full time now I took a chance and planted Salvia and Marigolds in the front yard flower bed. I already had our "sweet Heron" statue and Ixora (which is a West Indian Jasmine orange shrub) in the bed. 

I chose the Salvia and Marigolds because the "bunnies" which are HUGE
down here right now, eat about everything else in sight!!! I read that the Salvia and Marigolds are something they stay away from. Well they've been planted for a week and are still surviving! I almost hate to write this as I hope I don't "jinx" myself!!!


Well friends, I hope you enjoyed a bit of color from the South today! Don't worry my northern friends and family, your turn to plant will be in about
 a month. I remember those Memorial Day weekends playing in the dirt!!

SPRING
 A lovely reminder
of how beautiful change can be.


                                    Have a wonderful week!

                                 Kathleen


Please don't forget to leave your comments! I love to hear from you!



6 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty on your door. Hope you had a good Mother's Day. Have a great week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris, So nice to hear from you! Thank you for your sweet comments. I had a terrific Mother's Day, I hope yours was great too! Kathleen

      Delete
  2. Love the posy pocket of flowers on your door, Kathleen. The flower bed looks really nice. I like that shrub! Does it have a fragrance? And are those topiaries real or faux? They look great. I have been working in my garden several days, and am just about ready to rest except for weeding and watering. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rita! Sounds like you are moving along on your Spring beds also. Good luck! As I mentioned in the blog the shrub is Ixora and the topiaries are faux. I listed the info where to purchase them too. It does not have any fragrance, but I love the amount of color they produce. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete