Friday, April 15, 2022

OUR SAPPHIRE WEDDING ANNIVERSARY


April is a very special month for my husband and I. We were married on April 16, 1977.  As I sit and write my blog post this morning it's hard to believe we are celebrating "45" years of marriage tomorrow. Nearly "5 decades together", 3 daughters, one son-in-law, one granddaughter and many relocations, but here we are....and as the song says, "You're Still The One!"


The blue sapphire sympbolizes lasting love between a couple that has celebrated this many years. In the language of flowers I am told that the Blue Iris holds a symbol of "love and trust." It's ironic that I've always loved Iris for their unique beauty and that "blue" is both of our favorite color.

Well here we are "45" years ago with no idea what our future would hold for us.


We'll be celebrating over a candlelit dinner with a gorgeous view of the bay.
CHEERS TO MANY MORE!

Love you honey!
xxoo






4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kathleen! 1977 was the year of my first marriage, and I am blessed with two daughters from that marriage. May your blessings continue for many more years. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rita for your blessings! I cannot believe it has been "45" years! What a coincidence that we were married in the same year, and we both have daughters! Hope you had a wonderful Easter with your family!

      Delete
  2. Happy Happy Anniversary Kathleen. Terry and I were married last September for 40 years. It is hard to believe how fast the time has gone. We have been blessed with two beautiful daughters and one SIL and two grand girls and a new SIL this fall. Life is good. Have a wonderful weekend. Happy Anniversary and Happy Easter. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks Kris! Congrats on your 40 years too! I guess you, Rita and I know all about raising daughters!!! So glad life is going well with you. Happy Easter! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete