Friday, March 11, 2022

REDESIGNING EXISTING SPACE

Hello TLB friends!

I hope my post today finds you all well. I don't know about you, but I needed a bit of a distraction to keep things "positive" in my world. I transported my "thoughts" to a better place even if it is for a short time.

Are you ready to check out what I've found......??


I realized as we have nearly finished the remodel of the Florida house it still needs a few tweeks in our patio area. After surfing online for way too long, I grabbed a few decorating magazines and "BINGO" I think I've found a "pop of color and design idea" that would look awesome!

This photo holds the key to adding a final touch on the "to do" list also! SHHHH----my hubby doesn't know about this final addition to my list yet!

Isn't this gorgeous?? My inspiration photo........


Since we have a rather small covered area of living space I've been racking my brain as to how to define the space so that there is an ample seating/conversation area and an area for grilling. 

Currently there are two sets of sliding doors that lead into this part of the covered area of the patio; one from the Primary bedroom and one from the Living room. (Picture an "L" shaped area.) 

Our wrought iron round patio table and chairs sit under the area that does not have a hard covered roof, just a screen cage, but the flow still works for entertaining!

                                   (Photo from our previous home.)

Source for chairpads above:
https://www.grandinroad.com/outdoor-replacement-cushions-2018/1153012?SourceCode=ZZ51121&intlShippingCtx=US%7CUSD&listIndex=0&offers_sku=160705%20PIP%20ISB&catargetid=120245400000449850&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKCAiA4KaRBhBdEiwAZi1zziZeJhKD-QDb_VPBLZTo3l8SHcGUlxHgKW2dOY5n3YD3ebn6ke7GpRoCRTsQAvD_BwE

 We are fortunate enough, however, to be able to have a Pottery Barn Chatham Mahogany armless 4-piece sectional (see current photo below) that sits in front of the largest slider keeping one panel of slider glass door able to open from our living room into the covered area. It really allows a nice amount of seating for family and friends.


https://www.potterybarn.com/products/chatham-mahogany-4-piece-armless-sectional-components/?pkey=coutdoor-sectionals-all-shop 


My thoughts are, "what if we removed the sliding door that leads into the Primary bedroom, and enclose the doorway making it a solid wall?" We currently have two upholstered reading chairs inside in front of the door on the Primary Bedroom side anyway. This would allow us to build a wall where the current doorway exists and since we don't use the door right now for anything functional to the outdoors, it's a "Win Win" situation! (at least in my world!)

After studding is done and the wall is secured on the Primary side of the wall, and the wall is weather proofed outside, I'd like to have an exhaust fan installed, vented of course. The lower area would house a couple cabinets, and a durable countertop workspace and a built in grill top. (see our Texas house photo below)Then the final piece to tie it all together would be a beautiful tile wall above the countertop all the way to the ceiling. (similar as seen in the photo above)

The photo below is our Texas patio prior to having the final concrete floor poured. I LOVE the way they use stone and built in the refrigerator, the grill and the area underneath the grill that houses the gas tank for the grill. Who knows, maybe we could reconfigure something like this for the Florida house. Hmmmmmmm...........I could shamelessly steal this idea again!


I'm not quite sure if hubby is ready for all of this change, but I'll keep you posted with his thoughts after he reads this blog!!! In the meantime, thanks for stopping by! As usual I appreciate your visits and comments!  

                            Kathleen







4 comments:

  1. Love the inspiration photo and I know you will have your already beautiful space looking gorgeous. Cannot wait to see. Have a good weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kris! You are very sweet. We're getting there. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that inspiration photo, Kathleen. I understand your dilemma in trying to work your space optimally. Your plan sounds good, and I can't wait to see how it all shakes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita! Hubby read my blog and is still contemplating taking on this project. haha He has another wall inside on the patio around the corner from the slider door. I have a feeling we'll be tackling "his" idea!! lol

      Delete