Sunday, November 21, 2021

NEW FOYER UPDATE


The process of invigorating and updating our southern home has been a little daunting for me. Because our location is about 5 miles from the Gulf of Mexico I was concerned that our present furnishings would be a bit too traditional and had no idea how to incorporate that "lighter coastal vibe" into our new permanent residence.
Since I had just made new selections two years ago for our new-build, and I loved all of the light fixtures I chose then, I decided to bring the same foyer chandelier to the southern house. (And let's not kid ourselves, I was grateful that I didn't have to sleuth for another fixture!)

We replaced the existing outdated fixture below. (Circa 2004)


With the same fixture that was in our Willow Point foyer.





I am not ashamed to say that with all of our relocations I have carefully chosen my selections so that in some cases they are interchangeable with our new surroundings.

This light is from Metropolitan Lighting; Coronade 16", 4 light, Semi-flush mount, Gold leaf. (N6772-293) It is accompanied by 2-12" rods and 1-6" rod allowing you to adjust the height to your own personal taste.

Thank you so much for visiting TLB! Please let me know your thoughts regarding the light change!

Kathleen
The Lavender Bouquet





 


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty Kathleen. Have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that light fixture, Kathleen. I know exactly what you mean by the style and the locale. I've always felt that farmhouse, coastal and a couple other styles have never fit any home we've lived in. I would sometimes use my sunroom to 'play house', but have found 'playing house' like that works best at the antique booth spaces, not at home. Your fixture fits both traditional and coastal - transitional I suppose we can call it. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rita! Transitional it is!Thank you!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well.

    ReplyDelete