Monday, December 6, 2021

A BIT OF CHRISTMAS CHEER

 Good Morning TLB friends,



We've finally unpacked our goods at our new home. We've created much needed new storage, and updated our space to accomodate our new way of living. I must say, I really love the way it turned out. It's much simpler and more manageable than our homes in the past. Alot of creativity has been involved, but hubby and I are finally feeling settled.

I've turned my juices toward decorating for Christmas. Open concept decorating is not anything new to me, but smaller spaces are. With a smaller footprint and open concept living, I've had to use the furniture to define the areas. Welcome to our new dining room space!


Our dining room flows into our living room area. The space flows from the foyer with the kitchen on the left, the dining room straight ahead, and the living room open to the right. We also have study, and two bedrooms that also shoot off the main living area.

When seperating and selling some of our goods,  I chose to keep the formal diningroom table, chairs and china cabinet for the space that we use on a regular basis.  It all flows well into our open concept area. 

I decorated the china cabinet with my holiday china and other festive touches. I didn't want to use alot of clutter in our new smaller area, so I kept the dining table simple with a Pottery Barn table runner and my simple Santa sleigh filled with Christmas lights and ornaments. The silver glittery deer and Pottery Barn rustic candle sticks added the final touch to this simple tablescape.



           We found a dealer that shipped "live" Christmas trees to Florida from Michigan. Since space is a premium at our house we chose a "Slim Jim" Balsam fir tree just perfect for the space. Our tree decor consists of many ornaments that we've collected through the years.

Thanks for stopping by TLB today. I hope you've enjoyed the post. Best of luck with your own decorating........now I'm on to baking those "special request" family Christmas cookies.

                                                   CHEERS,

                              Kathleen

                                             

4 comments:

  1. Wow I have never heard of shipping live trees. How great. Your dining room looks so pretty. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kris and for your sweet comment! Yes, in the South they ship northern trees every year! It's great....they even smell fresh when we take them off the lot.
      Have a great day!
      Kathleen

      Delete
  2. This is great, Kathleen! I'm happy you're feeling settled and are happy with your choice piecea. I have a tad bit regret for letting go a few things, but am replacing with a few quality estate sale items that hosts have allowed me to purchase prior to their sales. Your dining area looks classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita! I am feeling much better about finding new homes for furniture, etc. Good luck replacing your items. It was very nice that you could go ahead of the sale to choose your items.

      Delete