Tuesday, October 19, 2021

DOWNSIZING FOR A SIMPLER LIFESTYLE


Happy Tuesday TLB friends!

I hope that my post finds you all well and enjoying this beautiful Fall season! Right now I'm looking forward to enjoying some of the Fall days ahead here.


Busy, busy, busy is my life at this moment. We've landed at the house and have been unpacking for two weeks. It's not been an easy transition to go from 3,200 sq.ft with a 3-car garage to 1,600 sq. ft to a 2-car garage. We've had moments where we looked at one another and said are we crazy?? 




How can we be "happy downsizing" you ask? After many hours, days and weeks of conversations we came to the final conclusion this is what was best at this stage of our life. In the past as we discussed retirement I have always told my husband, "when you are ready" is fine with me.
That was our approach to lead us where we are today. As we sorted the last few boxes in the garage, we walked into the house sweaty and tired, but with a sense of accomplishment!

Except for the removal of the "Pod" in the driveway and a few tweeks in the garage for storage, 
we are ready for what our "retirement" future holds for us.


Fondly,
Kathleen




 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you are going through. It took me three moves to get to the 1100 sq. foot condo we have now. I have to say with each home and now condo it was a process to get rid of things and just enjoy the smaller space and utilize every inch of the space. I was over the big houses with lots of rooms we never used. As I get older and closer to us in retirement I am loving less and less space. I want to be able to travel and close the door and not worry about what is happening on the outside of a house when we are gone. It takes time to adjust but once you do it you will love having less. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris,
    Thank you for your kind words and giving me hope that this smaller space will become something we love too! I LOVE your pics of you new home.....hopefully soon I will be able to take pics too! I appreciate your words of wisdom so much right now.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete