Monday, September 13, 2021

CHANGES AHEAD-----

Good Morning TLB friends!

I hope this post finds you all well. My hubby and I are practicing safe measures here in Florida to stay healthy. It certainly is a different world we are living in so please stay safe!

On to TLB.... You will notice some subtle changes that will aid in bringing my blog up to date with todays standards. With everything going on in our lives I decided to take a breath and hire a wonderful woman, that is much more "tech savy" than I am to assist in this change. I am so pleased she did an awesome job! 

Many thanks to my blogging friend Rita from Panopoly  https://wvpanoply.blogspot.com/for the referral of the "very patient and talented.... Linda from My Fairy Blog Mother https://www.myfairyblogmother.com/  Please stop by their fabulous blogs for a visit!

I have a new update on our personal front too! After much thought and consideration in regards to the Florida housing market, we decided to test the market and put our home up for sale. We actually had just worked out all of the normal issues from our new build, and homes started popping up on the market "For Sale" from our 2 year old cul-de-sac. They were selling in two days at prices that were quite tempting to us.  So......yep we discussed our options, and decided to "take the plunge!" We hired a realtor to sell our present home, and WOW it sold in two days! We close September 24th.

We've been so busy since making this decision. Frequent trips back and forth to our southen Florida home; lining up vendors, and watching our home "transform" into our final home has proven to be exhausting on some days. But with this new "challenge of transformation", both hubby and I were able to make selections, chose colors, select vendors, all together!  As many of you know, with all of our relocations with hubby's jobs, those responsibilites primarily had fallen on my shoulders and now I have a partner in "crime!". I must say we've only had a couple of decisions that we varied on, which made things quite easy.

We will now be living in the #2 Best Places to Retire to according to US News & World Report! At this stage of our life that sounds great! I'll be sharing our transformation pictures with you as work progresses. 

Have a wonderful day and stay safe!

Kathleen

           First step get rid of "2006" color palette!

New color is Sherwin Williams-

Shell White SW-8917







5 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great. OMG I think you are beating Terry and I out on moves lol! I am passing the buying, selling and moving crown on to you!!!! Our last home up here sold in 24 hours with 19 showings and 10 over asking contracts. This market is crazy hot right now. Glad you could sell so quickly. I think you and I could set up classes on how to buy, sell and move! Have a great new week. Congrats. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris I really want this to be the LAST move! It's not as easy as it used to be. WOW-- I cannot imagine having that many showings AND contracts!! You are correct the market is crazy and I'm glad you had such a wonderful outcome! I think you've got something here with the classes...although this move has been more tiring for me and sad also because of leaving our daughter and granddaughter. We will only be 2.5 hrs away and I'm sure we'll be making a trek up I75 alot! Have a great one! Kathleen

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! So glad Linda helped you. She is truly a gem, and thank you for the shout out as me referring.
    Let's hope the market even in my little town will prove to be the same with our condo. We realize ours is a niche situation, but are very hopeful. Congrats on taking the crown from Kris, lol! Is it Ft Myers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita,
    Nice to hear from you! Yes Linda was great!! I wish you luck with your market. You have a beautiful condo and I cannot imagine it not going quickly! Best wishes in your new home too! BY the way I'm loving my crown, just wish I wasn't so tired! Yes final destination Fort Myers.
    Take care!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing for such a great blog with us. You made this beneficial with your skil and talent. Know more about Natural Gas Lights just visit the official website.

    ReplyDelete