Sunday, March 7, 2021

SIMPLE TWEEKS TO MY FRONT PORCH

 
Welcome TLB friends,

Ever since I decorated my front porch a few weeks ago I've kind of felt like it was missing something. As hubby and I walked through our subdivision we saw soooo many topiary trees on porches. I just felt like I was ready for something different on our porch.

Years ago at our Princeton, Dallas and Houston homes, I used Boston ferns on our porch. I LOVE these ferns and their soft flowy leaves. So we went to Lowe's and there I found two beautiful Boston ferns. My hubby had just sprayed my urns black for me. Yes, they were the "same urns" I've used in years past at those homes as well. Ferns are great for any size porch and add a soft flowy touch.

I also purchased a 1" roll of MacKenzie and Childs Courtly Check ribbon and made a bow for the wreath and tied ribbon on each Pottery Barn lantern. These simple additions "in my mind" added the "icing on the cake" so to speak!

I hope you enjoyed the blog today! See you next week!

Kathleen














4 comments:

  1. Perfect, classy touches! Happy [almost] spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita,
      Thanks for visiting and your sweet comments. Happy "almost" Spring to you too! I guess I got the "bug" a little early here in Florida!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and welcoming. Love your front porch. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kris! Hope all is going well with you and your move. Thinking about you!
      Kathleen

      Delete