Friday, November 1, 2019

NOTHING LIKE HOT SOUP IN THE WINTER

Welcome TLB friends!

It's that time of year when it's perfect for a nice bowl of warm soup. Here in the northwest
we've had several snow storms already and currently have a ground cover of snow around 8 inches. 

I was thumbing through my current Real Simple magazine on the airplane and I "tagged" one of the soup recipe pages that sounded delish! Last evening seemed the perfect time to have that soup for dinner.

The temp was 32 degrees and at the time our house was warm and cozy. I had no idea that our furnace would fail us in the middle of the night! Hubby and I woke up asking each other, if it felt cold in the house. Luckily we had a nice warm dinner, and our problem ended up being something simple, so we're back to "warm and cozy" this morning.

The recipe is for Carrot Soup with candied almonds. I've never made or eaten Carrot Soup and neither has my hubby. It was thick and very flavorful! I enjoyed the added Candied Almond crunch on top, but because they were a bit spicy hubby wasn't a fan!




If you get stuck like I do sometimes with "what to make for dinner," give this healthy soup a try.  Remember when Mama would say, "eat your carrots, they're good for your eyes?"
This recipe provides 9 grams of fiber and 11 grams of protein per serving also! 


Hope you enjoy it as much as hubby and I did!


                Kathleen



LINK TO RECIPE: https://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/carrot-soup-with-candied-almonds-recipe





P.S. It's great for leftovers too!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen,
    This soup sounds pretty yummy. I have been eating clean and gluten, flour, sugar free for a few months and have been looking for some good recipes. I will try this one.
    Stay warm and cozy. Have a great new week ahead.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris,
    Nice to hear from you!! WOW--you've really made a HUGE change in your diet. Good luck. This soup was delish!!
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete