Wednesday, September 18, 2019

NORTHWEST FALL

Hello Friends!

Welcome back to THE LAVENDER BOUQUET!

I'm not quite sure where this year has gone, but I am excited about our first "Fall in the Northwest." The evenings are becoming much cooler, the students have arrived back on campus and the town is bustling once again. Summer's are pretty quiet here.

I found that the typical mums I was used to from the East aren't as plentiful here, although
I did find some along with some Lantana to provide color on the front porch. The selections were limited so my tried and true Eastern big box stores came through for me for the Mums, and I was able to find the Cabbage, Lantana, Dusty Miller and Fountain Grass at our local nursery.

With a majority of our worldy goods stored in Texas I don't have the decorative
seasonal items that I am used to grabbing from my boxes. I round a TJ MAXX 
where I found the corn husk wreath (bare) on the front door. I added the ribbon and leaves for some color.

I found the decorative pot online at:
Pumpkins and Gourds 15" Art Planter, Outside/Indoor Planter, Gardening, Pot, Fall, Autumn, Thanksgivingand the pumpkins at our local Costco. The sweet bird pillow I couldn't resist because our grandaughter LOVES birds. I found it at our local Wal-Mart. I brought the large gray planter with me from the Texas house.

Chain stores make shopping so much easier when you move from State to State! I'm always looking for something familiar, something that I am used to. You would be surprised how many are not located in our new little town.







DIY Cornhusk wreath......









Please feel free to leave a comment and share with me how you are 

decorating for Fall this year.


I'd LOVE to hear from you!




                           Kathleen





4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen,
    Love your front porch for fall. So pretty. When did you move again? I thought you were in Florida? Have a good day.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris,
      Thanks so much! One last move before retiring. Started building our forever home in FL closer to our daughter and grandaughter. Life just keeps evolving! Hope all is well with you. I am loving your NEW home! Your touches are fabulous!
      Kathleen

      Delete
  2. Love how you decorated it for Fall, my favorite season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise so nice to hear from you!!! Thanks so much for your sweet compliment. Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete