Tuesday, January 29, 2019

MY NEW SKINCARE REGIMEN

Happy New Year TLB friends,

I've had a bit of a crazy start to "2019", but I've got an excuse! My personal life has been
quite busy, between our new granddaughter, and our recent relocation, there hasn't been
alot of time to spend with you. So sorry......



Last Fall, when I had some slow time, I sat and compared two skincare companies
products by cost and "approximately" the same type of product.

Personally, I'm not a fan of cosmetic surgery. My reason is that I react to many medications and procedures, and the possible outcome because of my reactions, honestly scares me. I guess I'm a chicken of sorts!

I decided along time ago, that I would seek out products that will aid in "aging gracefully" as much as possible.  For many years I have been a SKINCEUTICALS fan, using many of their anti-aging products. I love them, but am growing weary of their cost. I remembered
something my middle daughter (our science major) shared with me quite a few years ago about a very reputable company called, PAULA'S CHOICE.

At that time her friend and colleague highly recommended PAULA'S products. Every product they produced was based on science. Paula, the owner states, "The only goal is to help you find the absolute best product for your skin." She's been in the business for 35 years. 

Since I was preparing to make a major change in my daily skincare regimen, I thought I would compare the brand that I was presently using, SKINCEUTICALS, by close ingredients, size and cost to PAULA'S CHOICE products. 

First of all there was a glaring difference in cost. (All sizes I compared were the same.)
When I saw the numbers in black and white, and read all of the literature I could get my hands on, I decided it was well worth it try something new.

I switched from these products:

1. Skinceuticals-CE FERULIC-$166.00 (am)
2. Skinceuticals-B5 GEL-$82.00 (am & pm)
3. Skinceuticals-AGE INTERRUPTER-$162.00 (am & pm or once daily)
4. Skinceuticals-GENTLE CLEANSER-$44.00 (am & pm)
5. Skinceuticals-RETINOL 1.0-$82.00 (pm) (Combine with moisturizer below)
6. Skinceuticals-RENEW OVERNIGHT DRY MOISTURIZER-$61.00 (pm)
7. Skinceuticals-AGE EYE COMPLEX- $98.00 (am & pm)

https://www.skinceuticals.com/home


To these products:

1. Paula's Choice-C15 SUPER BOOSTER-$49.00 (am)
2. Paula's Choice-RESIST OMEGA & COMPLEX SERUM-$36.00 (am & pm)
3. Paula's Choice-CLINICAL CERAMIDE ENRICHED FIRMING MOISTURIZER-$58.00            (am & pm)
4. Paula's Choice-RESIST HYDRATING CLEANSER-$19.00 (am & pm)
5. Paula's Choice-PEPTIDE BOOSTER-$44.00 or 1% RETINOL $42.00 (alternate in pm-combine with firming moisturizer)
6. Paula's Choice-CERAMIDE EYE- $48.00 (am)

DON'T FORGET TO APPLY YOUR FAVORITE SUNSCREEN EVERY MORNING!

https://www.paulaschoice.com/



***Photo of some of the Paula's Choice products. I am not affiliated with Paula's Choice, the opinions are my own.


I am quite pleased with the changes that I have made thus far. I can see and feel some difference, especially in the fine lines and texture.

If you are looking for a change, do a little research like I did. You never know what using the right product can do for your skin unless you try it.



Have a beautiful day!




Kathleen











1 comment:

  1. Please let me know if you like the new format of my blog! Trying something new!

    ReplyDelete