Tuesday, December 18, 2018

EASE THOSE HOLIDAY MOMENTS

Holiday Blessings to all!

'Tis the season for everything Merry and Bright! This special time of year can be stressful in many ways. I'm here today to share some ideas on how to ease some of those moments!

So how do you decorate a small home without interrupting the precious living area, by keeping the decorating to a minimum. With all of our worldly goods in storage I had to be creative this year. I wanted to keep the cost down, because we have alot of Christmas decor that will be out of storage by next Christmas so why duplicate.

I have always loved mixing high and low end decor together, I find it quite rewarding. I decided to keep things to a minimum, but wanted it to be a cozy and warm Christmas 
without the expense.

I went shopping at BIG LOTS, a store near us. I was focusing on Christmas decor, so when I walked into the store I headed directly to the Christmas area. It was delightful!! I browsed the aisles up and down finding some of the cutest and most beautiful items. I spent a good deal of time and left with some sweet treasures! Check out the ornaments below.



I had the deer in a Christmas box I had leftover from a Christmas party we held here in Florida one year. The tablerunner is from Target this year, as well as the gold vessel holding the greens.





I picked up a Smith and Hawken white Amaryllis bulb from Target and it has become this beautiful display of white. The vintage ceramic tree is very special to me. Many years ago when I was taking a ceramics class I created a tree much like this, and it was broken during one of our moves. Our daughters' and son-in-law surprised my husband and I last year during Christmas break taking us to a ceramics studio where we all recreated the "same" tree! We had such fun and made some wonderful family memories. Now we "ALL" have the same tree in our homes at holiday time.

The Christkindlmarket 2015 hot chocolate cups were from our trip to Chicago when we visited our youngest daughter. We all enjoyed our cocoa and now these little cuties are part of my Christmas decor every year! The gold brush trees are from Target in the $1.00-$3.00 area in the front of their store where seasonal things are displayed.

The last little vignette is in the foyer of our home.


I didn't spend alot of time on my wreath this year. I hot glued some ornaments to an old wreath and added a new plaid bow. Easy!





This year my daughter and son-in-law gave us the ornament below. Inside this ornament are actual pieces of music that the Charleston Symphony has performed. This symbolic gesture means alot to us, because they were married in Charleston one year ago. The Swarowski ornament for "2018" is something we buy for each of our children and ourselves each year. 





The photo below gives you an idea of how beautiful ornaments of every price range can look on your Christmas tree. So if you enjoy shopping for beautiful things, don't forget to stop by those affordable stores that can make your Christmas tree as pretty as this!






Last but not least....our sweet sweet granddaughter Catherine, is nearly 10 months old. She "loved" Santa and he loved her! These photos were taken in Avalon Park, Alpharetta, GA. If you ever get a chance to visit there at Christmas time it is quite a sight. Their Santa was the most realistic and kind man.....his beard and hair were actually real!





Remember the holiday decor is not about how much money you spend, but
how beautifully it is displayed!




From my family to yours we wish you a very special holiday season!

Lots of changes are ahead for hubby and me.

See you in 2019 with all of the scoop!

Kathleen




No comments:

Post a Comment