Thursday, September 28, 2017

GIFTS FROM THE HEARTLAND

Hello TLB friends,

I'm a New York girl and my heart will always hold a special fondness for the state I was born and grew up in. So when I got married and we started relocating around the US for my husband's jobs, I had some weather acclimating to do. As a northern girl my favorite season was Fall. For me, there is nothing like those crisp Fall days. Taking a trip to the apple orchards and coming home with fresh apples, cider, gourds and pumpkins....is such a fond memory expecially now because our current state we call home is Texas where it seems much to warm to be Fall.

But.....yesterday hubby and I recevied a box from our youngest daughter who lives in Chicago. She made her annual trip to the apple orchards in Indiana and sent us a box full of "LOVE from the Heartland," apples, cider donuts, and homemade raisin bread! All reminders from my NY childhood.




We sampled one donut yesterday and had delicious raisin bread this morning for breakfast. Of course the Honey Crisp apples, which are hubby's favorites, are going to make a delighful afternoon snack today!



Do you have days where you long for foods from your childhood? Please share with us!


                            Wishing you a wonderful day filled with fond  FALL memories!

                            Kathleen
                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment