Thursday, November 2, 2017

COLORS OF AUTUMN

Things sure have been busy at my house! I didn't have much time to decorate for Fall or Halloween, but did manage to get a bit of color in! Stop on over for a peek..... 





I couldn't let Fall pass by without adding a touch of color outside so I planted my IU (Indiana University) mum theme this year. Two of our daughters graduated from IU and one Fall while one of the girls was still on campus, they planted a strikingly beautiful display of color I couldn't get enough of!

Fast forward to this year....and as I browsed our Calloway Nursery Gardens, there it was, the perfect Crimson mum and right next to it the bright white mum--a gorgeous display that threw me back a few years!

Did you plant mums this year? What was your color theme? I've seen some beautiful color schemes in my neighborhood---deep purple and gold, orange and yellow, rust and gold, just to name a few. I'd love to hear what theme you used this year--please share with us!

I love the stacked pumpkins in the urn. My favorite is the peanut pumpkin on top. It really looks like peanut shells all over it! The hanging "B" pumpkin is something I've had for
a few years. We purchased the hanger at the Art Fair in Rhinebeck, NY.

On my porch bench is an Autumn pillow that was painted by Lucy at Cranberry Bush. Such a talent she has! Take a look at her shop: http://www.craftberrybush.com/shop

Well, as many of you know we have a very important day coming up in our family-our middle daughter is getting married! Our home is filled with much joy and excitement as the day is quickly approaching. I'll be taking November off so I'd like to take the time today to wish you all a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 


See you in December with some food and decorating ideas for the holidays!


Kathleen


No comments:

Post a Comment