Thursday, October 13, 2016

SILVER SPOOKY HALLOWEEN MANTEL

BOO!

It's that time of year when ghosts, goblins and jack-o-lanterns are everywhere! Stop over to the blog today as I replace traditional orange with sparkling silver, and add ghostly touches to my Halloween Mantel. 



I love the spooky details of Halloween, and children's eyes filled with wonderment as they step cautiously onto the front porch steps. From ghosts and goblins, to pumpkins and treats, what a sweet fairytale memory for kids.

This year, since we are in the new house we have a new neighborhood as well. I wanted to decorate with something the children would remember and want to come back trick or treating to next year!

I took a drive to Wal-Mart ,and bought 3 foam pumpkins in various designs and shapes, and grabbed a can of Rust-oleum Ultra Cover Silver metallic spray paint. I sprayed the exterior of the pumpkins with a couple generous coats of silver to give them a nice glossy coat.


I decided that I would decorate the mantel with these until it gets a little closer to Halloween, and then transfer them to the porch for Halloween night....I'll photograph the porch when I finish to share with you.

I purchased about a yard of white tulle from Wal-Mart and scrunched it as my base on the mantel. Then I added the pumpkins, elevating the center one on a tarnished silver candy dish for some height.

The two photos below were taken with evening light, and I did not turn on the light bulbs inside the pumpkins. The inside of the pumpkin appears to be black......and spooky!






 But if I turn the lights inside the pumpkins, they look like this........



I like to have options, spooky and dark, or shiny and bright. Either way the magic of Halloween, and the smiling faces of the children as they hold out their bags to add more "sweetness" to their ever growing stash.....is pure enjoyment for hubby and I! We just can't wait for the little goblins!!


Have a spooktacular Halloween friends and don't forget to follow me on INSTAGRAM!

                           Kathleen







No comments:

Post a Comment