Friday, September 23, 2016

EMBRACING FALL ON FOODIE FRIDAY

It's hard to believe yesterday was the first day of Fall. With temps remaining in the 90's here, I decided to stay inside a nice cool air conditioned house and bake for you!

Welcome to Foodie Friday friends.........

I really love my Southern Lady magazines. They are chocked full of great articles, beautiful photos, and delicious recipes. I found today's recipe, Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake, in the Autumn in the South Special Collection magazine.

You may find the magazine here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Southern-Lady-Magazine-Special-Autumn-in-the-South-/162144059821


I seem to crave spices like cinnamon and nutmeg in the Fall; I guess that's why I gravitate toward recipes that contain these spices when I am baking.

Today's recipe contains a few more steps than a normal quick bread recipe, but it is so worth it. The batter is nice and airy and exceptionally moist.


Once the pound cake ingredients are mixed together, the mixture is layered alternating the batter with the cinnamon filling. The filling is swirled through the batter as you add each of the 3 layers to the cake. 


After baking 1 hour and 15 minutes in a loaf pan, the loaf is cooled in the pan for 10 minutes. Then it is turned over on a wire rack to continue cooling. (carefully) Adding a Cream cheese glaze adds a nice sweetness to the cake.

I believe my 90 degree temps contributed to the fact that the coffee cake was very moist and easily crumbled. A nice cool Fall day would make for a perfect baking temperature.

So wherever you are, no matter what the weather is, embrace the Autumn/Fall you are given.....grab your favorite recipe and get baking!

The following poem from L.M. Montgomery author of Anne of Green Gables seems appropriate no matter where we live!



 Thanks so much for joining me today for Foodie Friday!  

Have a wonderful Fall weekend!




                           Kathleen





No comments:

Post a Comment