Friday, August 12, 2016

FOODIE FRIDAY--Mediterranean Chicken

Welcome to Foodie Friday friends,

I've found a great new "go to" recipe for a quick healthy dinner....Mediterranean Chicken.The recipe calls for chicken thighs, however, I substituted them by using chicken breasts instead. I also browned the chicken a bit in a pan with a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper, and then transferred it into a casserole dish instead of using a crock pot. I have made this recipe both ways and my family prefers the old oven casserole version!

Ingredients like canned plum tomatoes, kalamata olives, capers, onion, fresh rosemary,
fresh parsley and lemon are added to create this easy dinner. Some like to serve the chicken over mashed potatoes or basmati rice, however, I chose to serve it accompanied by fresh green beans. I added a little extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, pepper and red pepper flakes for a little kick. YUMMY!

Take a look at how delish this looks......



If you are looking for a light, healthy dinner, at 220 Calories per serving this is a true winner!

You may find the recipe here:
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/mediterranean-chicken

 Have a wonderful weekend!

                           Kathleen




No comments:

Post a Comment