Tuesday, August 9, 2016

LIVE FROM TEXAS....THE LAVENDER BOUQUET

Hello TLB friends, it's so nice to be back!

As I sat in church on Sunday, my head was filled with so many thoughts. No matter how joyous or sometimes difficult our journey has been, you, our family and friends have been there for us with your support and enthusiasm as we begin to build our new life. Strong foundations begin with support of family and never wavering friendships. We
are fortunate to have an abundance of both! THANK YOU ALL! 

My hubby laughed at me when I told him I wanted to bring a statement to our new porch. I think he was afraid that it might cost him some money. (ha,ha) Instead I surprised him by planting my urn with summer grasses and flowers, and strategically placing it in plain view from the street. I really missed my Buckingham porch and my Spring/Summer plantings this year, but darn it, even though the temps top 100 degrees these days, there was going to be an inviting urn on our porch with the message...

"WE'RE HOME.... COME ON IN!"



So WELCOME FRIENDS AND FAMILY 

as we sink our roots into the "red clay soil" of Texas!



 FONDLY,
Kathleen

P.S. Our front door is knotty Alder wood from Texas stained Ebony. It has knots in it much like knotty pine and has bit of a rustic feel. It's color and graining are much like cherry. I chose this wood because it reminded me of the knotty pine cabinets my Dad made for our kitchen when I was growing up back in WNY!
                                                    












No comments:

Post a Comment