Tuesday, March 1, 2016

BAKED JALAPENO PIMENTO DIP

Hello TLB friends,

Today's recipe is a variation on traditional Pimento cheese spread, something my middle daughter and I share a great fondness for, so I thought I'd give this a try, and it was sooooo worth it.......

I did a little investigating on where Pimento Cheese spread originated. You may be very surprised to know, it was not the South. It was in fact up North in New York. It was manufactured and mass marketed and turned into the sensation it is today.
Source link:
http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/09/history-southern-food-pimento-cheese.html

When I came upon this recipe I thought the cheese spread had a nice twist because it was baked. Hmmmm.....Baked Jalapeno Pimento Cheese Dip.  Yummy! My daughter and I were used to the cold cheese spread on crackers that we adored, but how nice to add some warmth to it.

INGREDIENTS:






What could be easier than adding everything together in a bowl, and placing it in an oven proof casserole dish and baking it at 350 degrees for 15 minutes?



Serve warm with tortilla chips.




If you're looking for a quick party dip, not too complicated, but something that every palette will enjoy, give this recipe a try.

Here is the link to the original recipe!
http://www.homesicktexan.com/2016/02/baked-jalapeno-pimento-cheese-dip.html


Bon Appetit--



Kathleen




4 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I think it will be good "game-watching" food for the sports fans in my family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie!
      It sure is a fav at my house....hope your family enjoys it too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Patty,
      I think you'll really enjoy the recipe. It's got a nice kick!

      Delete