Tuesday, January 12, 2016

DIY SNOWY WINTER WREATH

Welcome to a chilly Tuesday here in Texas! The weatherman is predicting mid 30's at night and 60's during the day, a bit warmer than our New Jersey winters. (at least so far!) I was channeling NJ when I decided I needed a Snowy Winter Wreath to hang on our door.




After taking a trip to Hobby Lobby I came home with this selection of everything white.  



I also stopped by my favorite BIG LOTS and found these stickers below....I just needed the snowflakes, so at 50% off, $2.00 a sheet I put these snowflakes to good use! And maybe next Christmas I'll be able to put Santa to use also.




I chose the large snowflakes and covered the entire perimeter of the wreath. The white styrofoam wreath measured 16" in diameter. Some areas required a touch of glue to hold them in place. 

Wrap the perimeter with ribbon...mine has a cottony look that I thought resembled snow and then secured the ends with glue.  I then added more adhesive backed snowflakes to the top of the ribbon giving it a bit of dimension. It looks like this.....




The result is a beautiful Snowy Winter Wreath to greet your guests as they enter your home.




This wreath is an easy DIY and the cost was minimal. Don't forget to shop the year-end Christmas items for the snowflake stickers!


Thanks for joining me for today's DIY!  See you Foodie Friday for a quick Valentine treat!



                            Kathleen

Don't forget to sign up to have The Lavender Bouquet delivered directly to your inbox. Just fill in your email address in the top right box and every Tuesday and Friday we'll visit you at home!

Thank you!!

6 comments:

  1. Kathleen, your winter wreath is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's so cute! I was going to go straight to Valentine's, but this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty! Even though the snow is soooo cold, it certainly can be pretty too!
      We'll be doing Valentine's Day soon too!

      Delete
  3. Adorable Kathleen. It is really bitter cold here in Chicago too. Crazy weather we all have.
    Have a great rest of the week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete