Friday, October 16, 2015

SOME FOODIE FALL FAVORITES

When I was browsing a blog that I subscribe to, (Cottage at the Crossroads by Jane), I came across a recipe she had posted from her sister-in-law that triggered fond memories of my Mom's ham salad. 

Growing up, and still today, my Mom makes great ham salad. I know that my brother is a big fan too! I was drawn to the recipe by two unique ingredients that are not in my Mom's recipe. I decided to give it a try.


Jane was right! This is a delicious Ham Salad recipe. I love the twist of using boiled eggs and celery in it. Click the link below to the recipe:



Another Fall favorite of mine is Pumpkin Pie Spice. Many years ago my friend, Lynn, shared a trick with me that her father taught her. Her Dad simply added Cinnamon to the fresh coffee grounds before they were perked. I fell in love with the taste and have continued it through the years. 

When I went to Starbucks the other day, I noticed pumpkin spice everything.... latte, bread, etc. I don't typically buy the everything....scones, breads, etc., so I came home in search of a recipe for Pumpkin Pie Spice that I could sprinkle in my coffee.

The recipe I found is from The Pioneer Woman . It appears she loves the spice as much as I do!  She suggests to using it in baking, on veggies, etc. I guess I'll have to branch out and try it on everything!

I found the cutest clear plastic salt and pepper shakers (see below) hanging on a shelf in my local grocery store. They each hold 3 oz. and I thought they were quite pretty. One batch of Pumpkin Pie Spice fit perfectly into one shaker. There you have it....easy and even beautiful enough to give as a gift.

But for now, I'm keeping my Pumpkin Pie Spice all to myself. Whether sprinkling on your fresh coffee grounds or directly into your warm coffee, I think you'll like the little FALL buzz that comes from these delectable spice flavors!

This is the link to the recipe:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/food-and-friends/how-to-make-pumpkin-pie-spice/




I hope you enjoy a nice cup of Fall today!

Kathleen

3 comments:

  1. Yum!!!! Happy Fall and have a wonderful week end.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I love the spices and colors of Autumn. Thanks for sharing. Joan, My Cookie Clinic

    ReplyDelete