Friday, October 23, 2015

EMBRACING FALL WITH APPLES

Welcome to Foodie Friday friends!

Rain, rain go away! This northern girl wants a bit of Fall not floods!  

GMA has published this great US map showing us the best time of year to expect the prettiest fall foliage from coast to coast. It looks like early November for us. (see the link below for your peak time)
http://abcnews.go.com/US/eye-popping-leaf-peeping-fall-foliage-forecast/story?id=25623069

Ironically, I found a great pic I took in early November last year at our home in
Princeton, NJ......I wonder how it will look in Texas this year.



Maybe if we're lucky we'll get some color very soon! But until then I've been thinking about apples. Those crunchy Western NY apples that we grew up on.

Today's blog is a recipe from one of my favorite trendsetters of tasteful everything....Carolyne Roehm. I love her approach to entertaining and decorating and quite often incorporate her ideas into my parties. The recipe today is from Carolyne Roehm.

  Weatherstone Fresh Apple Bread 

This time of year beckons everything apple; applesauce, apple pies, apple breads and cookies, and how about Apple Cake?

Take a peek at how easy this is to make.....


You can bake the cake either in a bundt pan or 2 small loaf pans. The cake falls apart very easily when using a bundt pan so handle with care.


It's yummy center is full of delicious apples with a nice spicy Fall flavor.


Here is the link to the recipe:


I hope you are all enjoying a nice Fall day wherever you may live. 

Have a wonderful colorful weekend!


Kathleen

***Don't forget to check us out on :
Hometalk
Pinterest
Instagram
Facebook
Sign up to receive TLB delivered right to your inbox too!





2 comments:

  1. Yum! I think I just gained 5lbs looking at the pictures!!! Have a great week end.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris,
      Thanks.....but so yummy! Enjoy your weekend too!
      Kathleen

      Delete