Monday, September 28, 2015

DAUGHTER'S ENTRYWAY OPEN NOOK

Good Morning Monday friends!

I hope you all had a terrific weekend. Hubby and I are flying back to Texas today after being at the Florida house for a few days. It was so nice to have a relaxing trip with no agenda and no projects to do!

Speaking of projects.....last week my Texas calendar become inundated with appointments for the next 4 weeks. The appointments include;  electric placement, whole house selections both inside and out, and pool quotes, which thankfully hubby will attend.

As I sit on this airplane putting this all into words a sudden flush of angst came over me.....my husband's voice was saying, "this is your budget, I know you can do it!" Oh the pressure!!

The home in Texas will be our 7th new build, with our last being ten years ago in Central Valley, NY. Since then homes have changed in many ways; formal living rooms seem to be obsolete, and family areas have expanded immensely to include the family room, and kitchens flowing together for more comfortable living. 

One fun and very useful little area I am seeing is something my daughter built into her entrance way from her garage to her home. It's a terrific way to stay organized. There are areas for hanging things and storage space on shelves and rattan baskets.She selected a few dragonfly hooks (she love's dragonflies) secured on a beadboard paneled backing. 

It's a great space saving design that I call the Entryway Open Nook. 


***Lucy just had to sit on the bench for my photo shoot!




Selecting fun hardware gives the nook area a more unique feel. It would be great fun for each child to be able to chose their own hook...really personalizing the space.



What do you think of this little nook for organizing in your home?


     Wishing you a wonderful Monday!




  Kathleen



2 comments:

  1. Looks Great Kathleen! Have a great week. Love that the doggies fits in the space too!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris! Lucy is quite fond of the space too! Wishing you a
      terrific week with an offer on the house!

      Delete