Monday, August 3, 2015

VINTAGE FINDS

The best thing that has ever been invented for me is my cell phone GPS! I rely on it to get me everywhere, especially while exploring in our new home town. 

It's funny, I can usually recall the day that I find the treasured stores that become my favorites down the road. It was nice to take a break from house hunting and finding this great shop called Sally Lynn Home, made my day!


I thought of my friends Kris and Rita when I came across this little gem in Southlake. You girls would LOVE this store!




Sally Lynn is packed full of beautiful vintage and new finds, displayed beautifully. I love the long stemmed cotton boll sprays. (not spelled ball) It's so fluffy and so "in" right now!  







I only snapped a few photos because I only had my cell phone with me, but I think you get the idea......what a great store!



I bought the most beautifully scented candle, called "Back Porch". It happened to be burning when I walked in the store, and it smelled absolutely amazing! I had to take one home with me, after all the apartment is new and needs to get a little "lived in" scent!  

All of the Park Hill candles are soy based with 60 hours of burning time. Here is an Amazon link if you 'd like to check them out:

http://www.amazon.com/Park-Hill-Collection-Scented-Candle/dp/B00JRNT0VQ







                 Well I hope you enjoyed exploring with me today........now back to house hunting!

                                                              Have a wonderful day!


                                                                       Kathleen

3 comments:

  1. Kathleen, nothing like finding a good shop to ground yourself in new surroundings, and you're right, I think I would've loved the store you found! I hope the house-hunting goes quick so you can get to the fun part of making it your own with unique finds. Have a great start to your week.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita, Wish you and Kris were here so we could have gone together! House hunting is slow....but that's ok. The house will come in time. Our household goods arrived yesterday....so as I am unpacking today in the apartment and it's beginning to feel a little more homey with each box I open!
      Enjoy your week too!
      Kathleen

      Delete
  2. Kathleen,
    What a great shop. I know it is daunting to be moving into a new area but I know you will make the apartment comfy until you can find something. We will be selling our home soon and be moving too. So I totally can relate.
    Hope the heat is not too bad. Happy Monday. Hope you have a great week. Kris

    ReplyDelete