Wednesday, August 12, 2015

DIY CUTEST PUMPKINS EVER!

Welcome to Wednesday friends! 

Last week as I entered Hobby Lobby I couldn't believe the store....it was full of FALL and CHRISTMAS decor. 




As I browsed the aisles, I just couldn't look at Christmas just yet. I perused the aisles of golds, oranges and browns and started dreaming of crispy northern Fall days. (Then I woke up, and realized I was in Texas, and our temps tipped 100 degrees that day!) 

While I was browsing I saw the cutest pumpkins with stripes and polka dots. They were ceramic and shiny glazed. I thought I can make these, but I'd like to add my own twist. Today's blog is my version of the "cutest pumpkins" ever.

Items you will need:

1--(or as many as you like) - ceramic pumpkin (mine were terracotta painted white already)
1- roll of Frog Tape (make sure to secure the tape tightly in the grooves of the pumpkin)
2- paint brushes--one fine tip, one a little wider
1- spool ribbon
2- Metallic paints (I used gold for my stripes and polka dots & black for the stem)


Directions:

Start by deciding how wide you would like your stripes and how many. I have taped off two lines, allowing for 3 gold stripes. Let dry after each coat. Apply paint until streaks have disappeared. Let these dry thoroughly before moving on to the stem.

Paint the stem last and let dry.



To make polka dots, I used a swirling motion with my brush and coated it until there were no streaks left.

Let dry thoroughly.


If you like you may add a ribbon for additional decor.






DID YOU KNOW?

Seasons are opposite on either side of the equator, so the equinox in September is also known as the Autumnal (fall) equinox in the northern hemisphere. In the southern hemisphere, it's known as the Spring (vernal) equinox. 




HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!


Kathleen.


4 comments:

  1. Cute, Kathleen. I am only thinking of fall (as I tire of watering annual beds and containers), but no way am I even contemplating Christmas, other than debating whether I should sell my old tree in an upcoming community yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita.......I know exactly what you mean. One step at a time! Great hearing from you. Enjoy your day.
      Kathleen

      Delete
  2. I know everyone and everywhere is getting ready with fall and Christmas. We just finally got summer here in Illinois and I am enjoying these beautiful summer days before I think fall. I know you guys have been so hot in Texas and will love when the fall weather arrives. Love your pumpkins they look so pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris.........hope things are going well. Enjoy your summer weather....we miss it!
      Kathleen

      Delete