Friday, August 14, 2015

COMFORT CHOCOLATE CAKE

It's Foodie Friday and I'm ready for it!

This week has been a tough one. I know all of us experience highs and lows in life....but this week brought me to an unexpected low. I needed a pick-me-up......

My friend of many years died unexpectedly. We've known each other for the past decade sharing a terrific friendship. I'm going to miss her "no nonsense" approach to life and her strong unwavering support of me.

In times of sadness I, unfortunately, have a terrible habit of turning to food that comforts me......I know it's wrong but this one just feels right. 





Since my MOM wasn't here to make me a chocolate cake with yummy chocolate frosting, I had to make it myself! This recipe makes an 8x8 inch pan, so I can't possibly overload too much on it, right?

Take a look at these quick one bowl easy steps--


 Smooth silky and just what the doctor ordered!


Baked in an 8 x 8 inch pan.....perfect size for indulging without too much guilt!


Frosting that takes just minutes to make.......swirl to your hearts content... for the affect of course. Then add a few sprinkles for fun!


Please excuse me while I taste this awesome creation.....yummmmmm........perfection!


It may be a temporary euphoria that I am feeling, but at this moment..... the sweetness of the chocolate cake and the creaminess of the frosting are perfection!

Here is the link to the recipe:


WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!


Kathleen

6 comments:

  1. Kathleen, I'm sorry for the passing of and loss of your friend. Eat more cake - looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen, So sorry for the loss of your dear friend. My heart goes out to you. Take care. Joan-My Cookie Clinic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan,
      Thank you for thinking of me. She was one of a kind that I miss greatly already!
      Kathleen

      Delete
  3. So sorry for your loss, Katie! Anything that gives you comfort is a good thing!
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannette,
      Thank you! It was a temporary comfort......but was worth the calories!
      Katie

      Delete