Wednesday, July 22, 2015

MY SISTER'S TRANQUIL SUMMER GARDENS

Welcome to Wednesday at TLB! 

When I was in NY over the 4th of July visiting family I snapped a few photos of my sister's flower gardens. I am always in awe at just how beautiful they are this time of year.
Even with the summer heat her Hawaiian Punch Lantana steals the show!

Come take a walk with me through her gardens........




The cobblestone wall that surrounds her side yard is topped with the prolific blooms that only Lantana can provide through-out the heat of the summer months. By Summer's end the top of the wall will be encompassed with trailing vines.



This year her snowball hydrangea shrub was packed full of blooms.



Even her shade plants are thriving.



The window boxes are bursting with patriotic colors.


And the shaded front porch is loving the sweet potato vine, coleus .and other shade friendly plants. Don't you just love her wrought iron planter?


Tiny trailing Petunias add color all Summer long.....you can prolong the colorful plants by pruning them and being diligent with fertilizer.


We all need to take a break from the heat......how inviting does this lovely bright yellow bench look?


Or maybe you'd prefer a bit more shade to curl up in that only a comfy Adirondack chair
can provide.


There's nothing like a beautiful garden setting, like my sister's, to provide just the right amount of tranquility at the end of a very hectic summer day. Grab your iced tea or lemonade, and a good book... and don't forget to stop and smell the flowers along the way!

                                                  Wishing you a beautiful day!

                                         Kathleen

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful gardens, Kathleen. I bet it made you wish you were back there. I hope the house hunting is going smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita!
      The weather was terrific while we were home in NY.....you are right...I miss those summer days! House hunting is slow but sure. I'll be keeping you posted!
      Have a great weekend!
      Kathleen

      Delete
  2. Beautiful gardens, Kathleen. I bet it made you wish you were back there. I hope the house hunting is going smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get a bit of envy when I see such lovely gardens. Where I live is nearly desert, though I think lantana might survive here. Perhaps this spring... For what it's worth, jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeannie,
    I know exactly what you mean.....we just moved to Texas and when I went back to NY I realized just how much I miss the Summer in the north! Lantana is growing in Texas.....why not give it a try where you are! Good luck!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete