Friday, July 24, 2015

DALLAS WE'VE LANDED!

It's so nice to see y'all here today! I just wanted to share with you how much I appreciate you visiting "The Lavender Bouquet" and being part of my life's journey.....


Since marrying my husband "38" years ago, our lives have been enriched beyond belief. We started as two young kids from a small town in rural Western NY. After graduating from college my husband was hired at General Motors. He finished grad school in WNY and was then transferred to the General Motors facility in Moriane, Ohio. By then we had three small daughters........


Moving away from family was the most difficult decision we made as a couple. Family is, and always will be, very important to both of us. Over the years we have made a concerted effort to instill our value of family in our daughters as well.

Many job relocation's later, and a complete career change for my husband (from making cars to medical device implantables & oral cancer detection devices), our family has persevered, survived and thrived on being successful under great odds. 

So as my husband and I settle into our new temporary apartment, and start our search for our new home once again, I am feeling excited about sharing the new beginnings that lie ahead. I'm thankful for this unique opportunity that has been presented to my husband, enabling him to share his wealth of knowledge and expertise to continue to improve the quality of life for so many individuals.

Image result for cowboy hat
I've learned that in life there are moments we need to stop, and reflect on our lives in general. God's path for us may not always be in perfect focus or as we had imagined......but our blessings extend way beyond that perfect lens!

I hope you'll follow along on our journey as we make our new home in Dallas, Texas!

Fondly,

                                                              Kathleen








6 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you both, Kathleen. Starting over is hard, no matter what point you are in life, age-wise. It's nice that you're at least familiar with Dallas already, and I hope you can find yourselves settled in and comfortable in time for the holidays with family.
    I worked for the insurance branch of GM (MIC) while I was in college - my first office job. A good beginning.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita,
      Thank you so much! I'm finding that Dallas is a bit different than Houston where we lived before, but I really like what I am seeing! I love how we always have similar backgrounds...and I feel very fortunate to have met you in blogger land! You've been a great support from blogging to my personal life.....have a terrific weekend!
      Kathleen

      Delete
  2. Hi Kathleen,
    Your post inspired me this morning. With my husband still trying to find his path with a new job this gives me hope. I have learned over these past months that your blessings out way the hardships that losing a job can bring. Family is so important to me too. So happy you have "landed" and are starting your new journey. It will be fun to come along with you on your search for a new home. Good luck.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Kris!
      Thank you...you are the sweetest! I'm so glad that our paths have crossed! You cannot imagine how much I've been thinking about you and Terry. There is nothing like the strength of a good family behind you.

      Best of luck in the search......you can do this together!!

      Kathleen

      Delete
  3. Best wishes on your new adventure!! We can't wait to hear all about it when we see each other at "Thankmas'!!

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy,
    Thanks so much for thinking of us and for stopping by TLB! Looking forward to seeing all of you at Thanksmas!

    ReplyDelete