Friday, May 1, 2015

FRESH STRAWBERRY BREAD

Welcome to Foodie Friday!

One of my favorite fruits is strawberries. I love strawberry anything. Since strawberry season is from April thru August, we can depend on a constant supply of fresh strawberries nearly 6 months of the year in our supermarkets or farm stands. The nutrition facts alone make the strawberry a wise fruit choice. Approximately 8 berries provide 85 mg of Vitamin C or 160% of the Recommended Daily Value. 

I'm somewhat of a Strawberry Bread virgin, I'd never tried it before. The recipe that I chose uses fresh strawberries, is easy to prepare and really delicious!




The final result is a very tasty, a bit gooey, moist bread.....I LOVE the addition of the swirled strawberry jam on top!



I'm anxious to hear my Mother's review......I sent her some of the bread in her Mother's Day package!

Go grab some strawberries and make your family happy with this super delicious and easy bread!

                                                Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

                                                          Kathleen

Link to bread recipe:
http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Strawberry-Loaf-Bread

2 comments:

  1. This really is one of the best posts that I've seen for a while. I personally think that being able to have some kind of way to better understand all the different kinds of things that can be done with strawberries is amazing. Something that really stood out was that you mentioned how to make strawberry bread. That alone seems like something that can be a great addition to anyone's little bakery arsenal. Hopefully others found this blog as useful and delicious as I did. Thank you for sharing.

    http://www.klostermanbakery.com/service/capabilities.php

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words John Mclaughin. I am so glad you enjoyed the post.
      Kathleen

      Delete