Monday, December 29, 2014

SIMPLE HOLIDAY TABLESCAPE

Good Morning my friends!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas blessed with good times, family and friends. This time of year brings back so many family traditions that stem back generations, making this blessed holiday so very special! 

Today I'm sharing my casual approach to our traditional family tablescape for Christmas dinner. I love a pretty tablescape but, quite honestly I'd rather spend time with my family rather than fussing extensively on my table presentation. 








Every year I use my Noritake Christmastime china and Pier One goblets. I change up the centerpiece using whatever leftover ornaments, pine cones and garland that I can find and this year arranged them in a simple Tuscan bowl. I placed the bowl on laser cut red felt placemats to ground the setting on a white tablecloth. 

Adding a touch of crystal is one of my favorite tablesetting tips, it especially looks lovely at dusk. The shiny glow from the candles bounces off the crystal giving such a beautiful low light cast on the tablesetting. 


And finally, attaching a small dogwood wreath to the back of each of the dining chairs, adds another touch of festivity to the setting. 

It's as simple as that........what do you think? Share your simple ideas with us...we'd love to hear from you!

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to follow us on Instagram too!  THE LAVENDER BOUQUET


Kathleen




2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Kathleen, and impressive in its simplicity. Quite frankly, when a table's all fussy, one has to wonder where the food goes, right? I like how you angled the chairs for your photo here. We serve buffet style, but I like to set my tables ahead, at least for capturing what's in my mind's eye. As the host, I rarely even get to see the dinner tables while everyone's eating, let alone sit! I always joke and say I eat standing up, like a race horse. :) Even with buffet style, though, I ready the tables with flatware, and this year I used the tree napkin fold, and I got a lot of oohs and ahhs over something that was a snap to do. It's the little things.....
    Happy New Year, Kathleen.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rita! I hope you enjoyed your time with your family Your set-up for entertaining family sounds perfect.
      Kathleen

      Delete