Monday, December 8, 2014

HOLIDAY WREATH DECORATING WITH DEER

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around my house!

We live in the Northeast where at any one point in time we may have a herd of 12 deer in our yard. I felt it was only appropriate to get on the "decorating with deer" bandwagon this year, because we're surrounded by these beautiful creatures everyday. 

Did you know that there is a "Decor with Deer Ideas" section on Pinterest? Oh yes there is!

Cardboard Mounted Deer - Brown, Casual, Dorm Decor

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/apartment/cardboard-mounted-deer

Last year our daughter gifted my husband a cardboard cut-out of a deer head complete with antlers. (above) It's been on a shelf in my husband's study. When all of the photos started popping up featuring deer heads, I thought I'd ask my husband if he minded if I "borrowed" his gift. Luckily, he was more than happy to share it with me, he even spray painted it white for me. 

Take a look at my holiday wreath that hangs over our fireplace using my husband's deer head........


If you are looking for a simple change in your holiday decor, it's as easy as placing your order online,  and buying one spray can of paint. Place the deer in the center of a woodsy themed wreath for the perfect effect.

Are you going to the join in and decorate with deer this year too? How do you decorate your holiday wreath? Share your ideas with us.......we'd love to see them! 

Wishing you a wonderful Monday!

Kathleen






2 comments:

  1. That's a great way to not only use the gift, but to make a wreath without a lot of weight. When I see people hanging ice skates or even some of the faux animal heads, all I can see are bolt screws in a wall that eventually need repaired! Looks great, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita,
      You are correct.....no need for large screws for this one!Thanks so much for stopping by.
      Kathleen

      Delete