Monday, November 10, 2014

DIY EASY CHRISTMAS/HOLIDAY PILLOWS

Good Morning Monday!

I've been browsing magazines and catalogs as they arrive in my mailbox searching for ideas that I could share with you. I came across a similar pillow idea in a catalog that I thought it would be beautiful at holiday time. Come take a peek at how easy this is to make and let me know what you think.........

It's DIY week #3 Easy Christmas/Holiday Pillows. 



If you can sew you too can make this beautiful pillow! Here's what you will need to make two:

1. 2- 18" pillow form
2. 1 1/4 yards of fabric for the pillow
3. 1/2 yard fabric for the center stencils
4.  1/2 yard Pellon (or whatever brand you like) Wonder-Under fuses fabric to fabric
5. 1 or 2 stencils.... size and choice are up to you. I used two foam stencils that I found in Hobby Lobby. My tree is 11" high and my snowflake is 9" high.


DIRECTIONS:

1. Cut 4-19 x 19" squares of fabric for 2 pillows.
2.  Prepare a contrasting fabric for the center decoration by ironing on Pellon Wonder Under onto the fabric per directions on packaging.
3.  Cut out decoration.


5. & 6 Press decoration onto fabric centering it before ironing it into place using a damp cloth.



7. With right sides together stitch 5/8" seam around the fabric perimeter, leaving 5-6 inches open to slip the pillow mold in to. Clip an angle at each corner which helps form a point on each corner.
8. Turn the pillow case right side out and press.
9.  Stuff pillow mold into case, and blind stitch the case closed.

It's that easy! Take a peek at the snowflake too.....



I hope your creative juices are beginning to flow. These pillows are quick and easy and add a beautiful holiday touch to any room.

Have a wonderful day!

Kathleen

****Thanks so much for stopping by! See you on Wednesday.





2 comments:

  1. Kathleen,
    These are really cute. Love quick and easy too! Have a great start to the week ahead.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris,
      Thanks for stopping by. Glad you like the pillows.
      Kathleen

      Delete