Good Morning Monday!
I've been browsing magazines and catalogs as they arrive in my mailbox searching for ideas that I could share with you. I came across a similar pillow idea in a catalog that I thought it would be beautiful at holiday time. Come take a peek at how easy this is to make and let me know what you think.........
It's DIY week #3 Easy Christmas/Holiday Pillows.
If you can sew you too can make this beautiful pillow! Here's what you will need to make two:
1. 2- 18" pillow form
2. 1 1/4 yards of fabric for the pillow
3. 1/2 yard fabric for the center stencils
4. 1/2 yard Pellon (or whatever brand you like) Wonder-Under fuses fabric to fabric
5. 1 or 2 stencils.... size and choice are up to you. I used two foam stencils that I found in Hobby Lobby. My tree is 11" high and my snowflake is 9" high.
1. Cut 4-19 x 19" squares of fabric for 2 pillows.
2. Prepare a contrasting fabric for the center decoration by ironing on Pellon Wonder Under onto the fabric per directions on packaging.
3. Cut out decoration.
5. & 6 Press decoration onto fabric centering it before ironing it into place using a damp cloth.
7. With right sides together stitch 5/8" seam around the fabric perimeter, leaving 5-6 inches open to slip the pillow mold in to. Clip an angle at each corner which helps form a point on each corner.
8. Turn the pillow case right side out and press.
9. Stuff pillow mold into case, and blind stitch the case closed.
It's that easy! Take a peek at the snowflake too.....
I hope your creative juices are beginning to flow. These pillows are quick and easy and add a beautiful holiday touch to any room.
Have a wonderful day!
****Thanks so much for stopping by! See you on Wednesday.