Monday, October 27, 2014

CRANBERRY ORANGE MUFFINS-Diabetic Friendly

Good Morning Monday!

We had an great weekend. I hope you did too! 

Our family attended the MBA graduation and also celebrated the birthday of our middle daughter. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!xx

I just love when we can all be together, and the fact that we were celebrating such an achievement made the weekend even more special!

It's cranberry time here again so naturally I turn to all of the recipes that require cranberries in them. I wanted to bake something, but didn't want a lot of sugar in the recipe. I've never baked with Splenda so when I saw this recipe I decided to give it a try. 


Last year at this time hubby and I traveled to the cranberry bogs in New Jersey and experienced first hand the way that cranberries are harvested. It's quite interesting and made us appreciate even more the fresh fruit from the vines.










The recipe is easy and takes very little prep time.The muffins were light and quite tasty. 

Are you thinking about grabbing some cranberries and wondering what to do with them? Cranberries are rich in Vitamin C and fiber and are only 45 calories per cup. They are full of antioxidants and are truly a "good for you" fruit.

Maybe it's time for you to make a nice batch of muffins and enjoy the fruit of the season!

Have a sweet day!

Kathleen

*****The recipe was published as being considered Diabetic friendly.
http://www.food.com/recipe/cranberry-orange-muffins-diabetic-friendly-211098

*****If you would like to read more about Splenda, copy and paste this link: http://www.splenda.com/


4 comments:

  1. These look so good. I am trying to cut back on sugar too so I am definitely giving this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      Thanks for stopping by. Good luck with the recipe!
      Kathleen

      Delete
  2. These would be nice to make for a diabetic friend of mine (and keep some out for myself, of course!).
    Thanks, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty,
    Thanks for stopping by. The recipe was quite easy and delish!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete