Wednesday, October 29, 2014

EASY DIY CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT

Good Morning Wednesday my friends!

I'm finally settling back into my schedule after having a very busy wonderful family weekend.

Before leaving town I made a few lists and one of them included DIY projects for Christmas. Yes, I'm thinking past Thanksgiving for a moment. I find if I start early handling the holiday list, the less stressed I am the month of December. 

Today's blog is a super easy DIY ornament project. I was browsing through the pages of an everything monogram catalog. They were charging 10-15 dollars for a simple clear ornament with a single monogram letter on the front, and a thin colorful ribbon as the hanger. I looked twice at the price and then thought I would tackle this project and share with all of you how easy and inexpensive this project really can be.

After  a quick trip to Hobby Lobby I came home with the following:

-1 box of 12 incandescent ornaments-40% off-5.39
-2 pkgs. silver/gold stickers-40% off-2.39 each

Total purchase-- 
$20.17 and I can make 12 ornaments!!


I had ribbon and some small red jingle bells on hand, so I just used those to make the ornament below. You may use anything to fill the ornament with and color choice is yours too.


Directions:
1.  Apply the monogram sticker wherever you determine your front to be.
2. Fill ornament with any holiday items: bells, glitter, etc.
3. Cut ribbon to size and knot it.

It's as easy as that! You can also stencil a design on the side for a different effect.

These make terrific gifts for office friends, classmates, or someone special. Have fun!

Wishing you a crafty day!

Kathleen


2 comments: