Friday, September 26, 2014

YUMMY CARAMEL APPLE BARS

Welcome to Foodie Friday my friends!

Our area apple orchards are abuzz with apple picking right now. The harvest festivals with "everything apple" are all around us. I love this season.......and can I tell you how much I love apples? How about you, are you excited about fresh delicious apples? 

I'm afraid my enthusiasm for apples has me blogging about another apple recipe. There's something about apple and caramel that appears to be on my radar this season. 

I found a recipe for Caramel Apple Bars. What I love about these bar cookies is that the topping reminds me of the center of an apple pie...soft and moist with a touch of cinnamon.

The recipe starts out with a bottom crust made with oats, flour, cinnamon and other goodies which is baked.



The crust layer is then topped with a caramel and heavy cream mixture. Last but not least a delicious fresh apple layer sprinkled with 1/2 cup of the reserved crust ingredients. 



And then it is re-baked till golden brown.


Don't they look delish? And the combination of the soft chunky apple mixture with the crunchy caramel crust...YUM! What a great Fall combination.

You may find the recipe here:
http://www.bakeorbreak.com/2012/09/caramel-apple-bars/

I hope you enjoyed today's blog. What are some of your favorite apple recipes.....please feel free to share with us we'd love to hear from you. 

Our blog and FACEBOOK page THE LAVENDER BOUQUET have so many new friends......we'd like to say WELCOME

Please stop by for a visit anytime and tell your friends!  If you'd like to receive our blog via email, simply go to:  http://thelavenderbouquet.blogspot.com and add your name in the email box located on the right hand side. You will be prompted to verify your request by word verification. Then the blog will be delivered directly to your email account every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!

May your weekend be filled with the warmth and sunshine of a beautiful Fall day!


Kathleen

*****JOIN US MONDAY AS WE SHARE OUR OUTDOOR FALL DECOR!



No comments:

Post a Comment