Monday, September 29, 2014

FALL HAS ARRIVED AT OUR HOUSE!

 Good Morning Friends!

I hope your weekend was a good one. We had a nice relaxing couple of days.

A few weeks ago hubby and I made the trek to the garden centers and picked up some mums, pumpkins and gourds. Today I'm sharing the front of our house that's now  Fall ready!


Every year I try to change the decor up a bit. I'm still a fan of using the typical Fall colors. But this year I added a simple copper lantern filled with Stargazer lights to the mix.



To give you an idea of how beautiful the lantern glows in the evening.....I snapped this pic.



The light from the copper lantern projects over the porch and sidewalk. The lights inside the lantern are called Stargazer lights. I purchased the light strings and Copper lantern on our recent trip to Terrain in Glen Mills, PA. 
(http://www.shopterrain.com/glen-mills/)




Using purple fountain grasses at the back side of my pots adds a nice height to them. I love the airy feel of the grasses as they sway in the breeze. The colorful mums add just the right amount of color to the mix.



The monogram pumpkin shown here I made last year. It's quite simple. I used a stencil to trace the letter and then used a fine paint brush dipped in black paint to fill in the outline.

The wrought iron hanger that the pumpkin is hanging from is actually a rod that goes through the pumpkin with special washers at the end. We purchased this at the Country Living Fair in Rhinebeck, NY from 1st Creations

Here is the direct link where you may order them -----they are called flower pot hangers. (http://fuerstcreations.com/store/garden.html)



I like to use 3 colors when I decorate for Fall. This year my cushion mums are yellow, rust and a ruby pink color. Similiar to some of the Fall foliage we will shortly begin seeing.

Well, that's it for outside Fall decor at our house. How are you coming along on your decorating? What color is your favorite mum?

I hope you've enjoyed the photos of the Arrival of Fall at our house. 

Don't forget to stop back on Foodie Friday!

Kathleen

****Thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

  1. Kathleen,
    It is all just so beautiful. I love the star gazer lights how pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris,
    Thanks so much! So glad you like the lights....they are like tiny fireflies!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always do a great job decorating the house. It looks gorgeous and welcoming, Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete