Wednesday, August 13, 2014

WELCOME GUEST BASKET

Are you having guests for the Summer?  What do you do to prepare your home for their visit?There are several things I do starting with the bedroom designated as the "guest" room.

I have a specific linen closet shelf filled with guest room sheets, towels, blankets and toiletries. This makes a handy go to when having last minute guests. It's my preference to launder the sheets and towels the day of their arrival, so everything smells fresh and inviting as they climb into bed.

The nightstand has the usual light, alarm clock, hand cream and magazines for both genders for a little light reading.

On the guest bathroom counter I have a unique hand woven sweet grass basket from Savannah filled with high end hotel samples of shampoo, conditioner, shower gels and bar soaps. I also include Tylenol, small sized styling gels, small tubes of toothpaste, razors, and hairspray. This gives guests the opportunity to chose the scents or brands they prefer.



To "welcome" them to our home and the area that we live in I find that it's a nice touch to leave a gift basket on their bed. Filling the basket with local foodie gifts give them a little taste of the state you live in. Many times I use these great New Jersey foodie items:

1. FunniBonz BBQ Sauce
 http://funnibonz.com/



2. Frank's Pickled Peppers & Salsa http://frankspickledpeppers.com/about-2/



3. First Field Ketchup (featured on Martha Stewart)
http://www.first-field.com/wordpress/




4. And always a few homemade cookies from my own kitchen!


What do you do for your guests? We'd love to hear from you. Share your ideas with us.....

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!

Kathleen

***Thanks for stopping by! See you on Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Kathleen,
    I love all of this. I always have a basket for my guests with sample bottles of soap, shampoo's etc. too. Plus a little chocolate for the pillows in the guest room. I also try to leave something special by the night stand that is a little memento of their stay in the Chicago area. I am excited to feature you this Saturday on Spotlight. Thank you for doing Spotlight. This will be fun to introduce you to new bloggers.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS Kris! Love your idea for chocolates on the pillows!! Thanks for featuring me in your Spotlight on Saturday!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a wonderful idea! When can I come to visit? heehee! I'm visiting from Kris' blog and was happy to see another 'lavender' blogger! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love making "welcome baskets" for my guests filled with goodies that are indigenous to our area....NC specialities...Love your beautiful sweet grasss basket...hopped over from Kris'..nice to meet you Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete