Friday, August 15, 2014

DELICIOUS GLAZED LEMON ZUCCHINI BREAD

Good Morning Friends and Welcome to Foodie Friday at TLB!

I love the Summer because of the bountiful harvest of fresh fruits and veggies. Our Saturday Farmer's Market is full of everything that looks so beautiful and fresh I want to buy a little of everything .This week our bag was filled with zucchini, beets, mushrooms, and peaches. Can you guess which one will be used in the blog today?

I found this recipe for Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread that I have been dying to bake. I love lemon and zucchini and the idea of them both together sounded so delish!

The recipe calls for one large loaf. The first time I baked the recipe I followed it exactly and baked one loaf. My oven tends to bake more quickly than others, so this time I decided to try baking 4 small loaves and using the rest of the batter for muffins. Personally, I liked the results better and my family did too. And it made for easy travel on the plane to NY for my family visit!









The glaze is such a nice sweet/tart add to the bread. It really compliments the taste of the yummy bread. By the way, it was hubby approved before I made it for my family.

Many thanks to Stone Gable blog for this delicious recipe:
http://www.stonegableblog.com/glazed-lemon-zucchini-bread/

Whether you have your own garden, shop the Farmer's Market or head to the local grocery store, don't forget to take advantage of all of the fresh bounty available in August. It's so delicious!

Wishing my oldest daughter a wonderful BIRTHDAY and all of my TLB friends a delicious weekend!

Kathleen

****See you on Monday for our Bathroom Renovation!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen, Found your feature at Kris'. I have to say you have had an interesting life. I am the mom of four grown daughters. I loved the looks of your zucchini bread. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kathleen. Your lemon zucchini bread looks delicious. I'm a new follower on Google+, having seen your feature on Kris's blog. It's nice to meet you. :) ~ Nancy @ A Joyful Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathleen,
    Looks so yummy. I have your spotlight feature up so make sure you stop by to see all the lovely comments left for you. Have a great week end.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, this looks and sounds delish! I was happy to read about you over at Kris's blog. Stop by and say hi sometime!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete