Wednesday, August 27, 2014

VINTAGE INSPIRATION


Welcome to Wednesday! 

Here we are in the middle of the week already! Do you have any plans for the Labor Day weekend? I think hubby and I will end up doing some day trips that we have been trying to squeeze in while the weather is good.

We made a trip to the farm stand, the Farmer's Market and a jaunt into our local field, while our daughter was in town. I picked up a bouquet of beautiful Sunflowers and Zinnias and cut some fresh goldenrod, Queen Anne's Lace and Catails. While arranging the bouquet, I realized that a purchase I had made a couple of weeks ago was a beautiful compliment to the flowers.

While visiting in WNY, I stopped by Ellen j Goods Antiques & Vintage store in Medina and bought a vintage tray. The colors in the tray complimented the sunflower bouquet perfectly, hence the Fall vignette was created!

 

While we are on the subject of Fall.........I'd like to introduce you to a great Foodie blogger, Megan at Country Cleaver. 

I've tried many of Megan's recipes, you may remember the Loaded Baked Potato Salad that I featured a while back? My new favorite is her Mini Plum and Peach Bourbon Cobblers. How Fall is that? 

I am attaching a link to Megan's blog for you so that you can start enjoying her delicious recipes too!
http://www.countrycleaver.com/2014/08/mini-plum-peach-bourbon-cobblers.html

Wishing you a beautiful day!

Kathleen

***Thanks for stopping by TLB today........see you on Foodie Friday!



2 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! I am pinning it to my Everything Fall board. I hope you have a great holiday trip. I don't have any plans yet... I know that I will spend the day with my little ones. I'll pay a visit to Megan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise Browning@FromBrazil To You,
      Great to hear from you! So glad you like the tablescape. Have a wonderful weekend with the kids!
      Kathleen

      Delete