Monday, August 25, 2014

REFINED RUSTIC by KATHLEEN

Good Morning Monday!

I hope you all had a great weekend. Our middle daughter flew in for a visit so we had a busy and relaxing few days!

In today's blog I'm featuring a style that I've been admiring for quite some time. I love the idea of combining natural elements of the outdoors with the elegance of colorful rich fabrics and shiny crystal pieces. There are so many interpretations and names for this style in today's media, but since I've never been one to be a follower, I prefer to call my vision, Refined Rustic.




My photo shoot actually took place near my side yard where my husband stacks our firewood! In years past I've always wanted the wood stacked out the line of sight from the house. But, with the trends of weddings and parties being held in rustic barns and beautiful meadows, I thought why not take advantage of my yard by incorporating the wood and lawn into my first Fall 2014 photo shoot as my backdrop. 

I scoured my entertainment closet and grabbed the perfect piece of decorator fabric. The colors in the fabric are brilliant Autumn shades of red, gold and green, perfect for my tablescape base to build from. Underneath this layer (the actual foundation) is a burlap tablecloth.



Rustic chargers topped with a gold leaf patterned plate, golden linen colored salad plate, and red linen napkin with beaded napkin ring, complete the place setting.




I chose a coppery gold candelabra draped with crystal teardrops and whimsy crystal beaded strands for the center of the table, which added just the right sparkle. Adding more crystal by placing Waterford goblets at each placesetting took the sparkle to a new level! Scattering fall colored leaves and apples around the centerpiece gives the entire table a comfortable fall feel.




It's that time of year when our thoughts begin to turn to Fall and our decor. What do you think of my Refined Rustic tablescape? Can you see yourself setting your table this fall with a little woodsy/natural feel and the sparkle of crystal?

We'd love to hear your thoughts. See you on Wednesday!

Kathleen

***Thanks for stopping by and sharing your day with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment