Friday, August 8, 2014

HEALTHY VERSION OF CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Well it's Foodie Friday and I've got a great Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe for you made with some pretty healthy ingredients; whole wheat flour and coconut oil! 

I don't know many people that don't like a great tasting chocolate chip cookie so I thought I'd share the recipe with all of you....especially because they are so yummy! (I even served these to our friends this past weekend and they received the TIM stamp of approval!!)

They would be great for an after school snack for the kids or in their school lunch for a bit of a sweet treat OR a late night snack for mom and dad!


I think my little great nephew, JM would love them with a glass of cold milk....hint, hint, hint, for my niece to make them!!



I followed the directions as printed with my first batch, but had to adjust my oven down to 350 degrees instead as they were too dark on the bottoms. The rest were perfect with the heat reduction.

Everything else worked out famously! Now grab your ingredients and go make your family happy!!

Here is link to the recipe--many thanks to Jennifer Rizzo:

http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2010/06/yummy-whole-wheat-chocolate-chip-cookies-with-coconut-oil.html

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Kathleen

****Thanks so much for stopping by. See you on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment