Monday, July 21, 2014

SUMMER DINNER TABLESCAPE

I love summer dinners on the patio. The backyard is full of beautiful fragrances; grass, flowers, and trees. We also have birds, squirrels and deer that flit in and out.

 Here I am putting this tablescape together and up saunters Bambi! How lucky are we to live in the middle of all of this beauty? Don't you love their little spots?



To add to the relaxed feel of the dinner I chose a blue and cream gingham fabric for the tablecloth and grabbed my thriving Basil plant and a baby fern as my centerpiece. I couldn't resist using my Mint plant for just a little more green. WOW---they smell wonderful!

**I also think it's time for a BIG Basil harvest. I am thinking Basil Pesto--yum!



Gotta love the casual feel when it all comes together!



I bought these moss balls in Florida at Stein Mart and brought them all the way back to NJ in my suitcase.......my husband just looks at me and shakes his head. I fell in love the large gray pot at Home Depot and it gave my basil a home. The artichoke pot is from Home Goods. The wicker glass bottom tray was a great find at Homegoods a few months ago.



I used a simple white napkin tied with twine at each placesetting.



Now all I need is a laid back menu to serve at this table for "4."  Please stop back on FOODIE FRIDAY where I will share the menu served at this SUMMER DINNER!

Have a wonderful Monday and thanks so much for stopping by!

Kathleen

***Don't forget to stop by and LIKE us on Facebook too!

4 comments:

  1. Kathleen,
    I think Bambi is smelling the wonderful centerpiece and would like to join you for dinner! Your table scape is gorgeous. Love the blues. Very pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kris! Love your comment about Bambi. He is so cute and thinks our backyard is his playground. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Kathleen: What a gorgeous table setting... I can imagine how wonderful was having a meal there!!!
    I also love home goods. They have nice stuff for a great price. Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, Thanks so much. We do love dining in the backyard, not only is it peaceful we have quite the zoo! I love your Home Goods comment.....I don't know what I would do without them!

      Delete