Friday, June 13, 2014

GARDEN LUNCH TABLESCAPE & FOODIE FRIDAY DIP RECIPE

I hope your week went well. We haven't had the greatest weather; in fact most days were rainy. I don't mind when it rains because it's so good for the plants and trees, but when you are planning a luncheon on an open patio and the sky looks ominous......well let's just say I'm glad I was able to sneak it in BEFORE the rain came!

Today's blog was inspired by a beautiful bouquet of flowers I spied at the grocery store. Who doesn't LOVE sunflowers mixed with purple status, and daisies? 

Here's the bouquet that started it all----Can you see why I couldn't walk away without bringing it home?



Of course a table setting was necessary.



When creating the theme, I knew I wanted a relaxed feel. Not like a picnic relaxing but like a "Garden Lunch with the Girls," relaxing. 

I chose a purple and white gingham fabric from JoAnn Fabric. It took about 2 yards of approx. 46" wide fabric stitched together to fit my table. I finish stitched the entire hemline also. And there you have it....my new tablecloth.

After a successful trip to the Dollar Tree I brought home the purple placemats, the lime green charger plates, 2 lime green towels and the seed packets that I placed at each place setting.

I cut the towels in half and hemmed them making them into napkins,  and then tied them with purple ribbon from Michaels. I also purchased the pink vase bottles from Michaels on sale. The rest of the place setting items and the white urn are from my personal collection.










I couldn't resist adding a bit of a Foodie Friday recipe for you too! This Herbed Greek Yogurt Dip came to mind because it's so light and delish with veggies. It just so happens it matches my tablescape....hmmm......maybe that was a conscious decision!


Herbed Greek Yogurt Dip

1- cucumber
1 1/2 cups fat-free Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup sour cream
3 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 head cabbage, optional

Grate unpeeled cucumber; chop. Drain on paper towels; squeeze dry. Combine chopped cucumber with yogurt, sour cream, dill, mint, zest, garlic, salt and pepper.

CABBAGE BOWL



Transfer dip to cabbage or serving bowl. Serve with veggies and/or pita chips or wedges. 

MAKES 12 servings
***Recipe from-Celebrate with Woman's World-Summer Keepsake Issue pg. 7

I hope you enjoyed my "GARDEN LUNCH WITH THE GIRLS" tablescape and recipe today. Have a wonderful Father's Day weekend!

CHEERS TO ALL THE DAD'S!

Katheen



****Thanks for stopping by and sharing your day with me. Stop by on Monday to see a very cool DIY project!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning flower arrangement and a fabulously colorful table! I would love to sit and eat outside at that beautiful table!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU so much Yvonne@ StoneGable! Coming from you, I take this as such a wonderful compliment. Can you tell I am an admirer of your beautiful creations? You are WELCOME at my table anytime!

    ReplyDelete