Wednesday, May 7, 2014

RESTORING THE LIFE BACK INTO A GREAT OLD GARDEN BENCH!

I love the Spring, but no matter how we try to keep our projects to a minimum, it never seems to work out that way.  Many moons ago we bought a wooden bench that has always been a part of our flower gardens. Every couple of years my hubby has painted it a nice crisp black.

This year hubby is out of town, and since I wanted to check this project off the list, I decided to paint it myself. I wanted a glossy Royal Blue to give it a nice change. My husband likes Royal Blue too, so we were in agreement. He suggested that I use spray paint. I selected a Valspar Paint & Primer Premium Finish Glossy #85205 Classic Royal Blue.

This is a photo of the aged wooden bench that clearly still has some good life left in it, but needed a fresh coat of paint.


I woke up this morning, and it was sunny and not too windy! So that was my cue to get the painting done. The photo below is AFTER 3.5 cans of paint and a few hours of drying. I love that Royal Blue! I can't wait until hubby gets home to check out my work!



Well, I can cross the bench  painting off my list. Now...... planning two new small flower gardens, and allot of research on new plant combinations for my pots on the porch and patios. Guess I know what I am doing tonight!

  What are you working on? Do you have any plants that you are
particularly fond of that you use in your pots? I would love to hear your suggestions!

Until then, Happy planning and planting!


Kathleen

****Thanks for visiting The Lavender Bouquet today. Stop back on Foodie Friday for a great side dish idea!

2 comments:

  1. Mine needs painting also, but I was going to paint plain, 'ole white! Now that I see yours, my mind is changing...hmmm what color to choose?? Also, I planted 3 small junipers each in my porch planter boxes which are similar to window boxes. Now to figure out what flower to plant in between the junipers. I don't get much light and have been planting coleus for years, I need a new look. Your purple and yellow were bright and "sunny" last year. I'm loving the orange and yellow, but unsure of the plant name. Guess I'll be researching as well. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty Mark. You must share with us your final color choice for your bench. I love how the market is saturated with beautiful bold colors.Your junipers/boxwoods sound beautiful. Good luck with your color choices.....I know how daunting that can be. Have a great day!

      Delete