Tuesday, May 20, 2014

DON'T LIKE MAIL CLUTTER---CHECK OUT THIS EASY DIY!

Good Morning Friends!

 I bet you are looking at your calendar thinking it's Tuesday why am I reading a blog from The Lavender Bouquet today. Well, apparently I experienced some technical issues yesterday, some of you received the blogs and some did not.  So here I am trying to recreate simply what should have gone out yesterday!  So sorry for any inconvenience.

What did you do over the weekend? Hubby and I traveled to Philly for lunch. He loves finding restaurants that make the "list" of what's delish and unique.  When we arrived to the address given we were a little baffled, however, our lunch experience was much more than we expected. I plan on sharing  this with you in future blog.

Today's blog is a quick and easy DIY! It all stemmed from a necessity; taking the cluttered mail off the corner of my kitchen island. It's so simple I  thought I would share it with those of you that can't stand clutter like me!

To start the project you will need the following:
  • One wire hanger
  • Fabric or ribbon cut into 16 inch strips 3/4 wide
  • Double sided tape
  • Wine cork


DIRECTIONS:

1. Bend wire hanger into the configuration you see above.
2. Wrap hanger with double sided tape.
3. Wrap hanger with fabric securing tightly as you progress around the wire.
4. Drill hole the size of the neck of the wire in the wine cork, label, and slide over the neck of the hanger.

That's it. Now you have to decide where to hang yours!

***** If you have frayed edges--you may use "fray check." to keep them under control.

I chose to hang my mail holder by our key rings. This way we grab and go......to the post office!


 DIY  MAIL HOLDER

                        See how easy that is?  Now you too, can be clutter free! Have fun!

                                                                  Kathleen

****See you tomorrow with ideas for the upcoming Memorial weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment