Wednesday, May 21, 2014

BEAUTIFUL MEMORIAL DAY TABLESCAPE FOR THE COST CONSCIOUS!

Every year all over the U.S. we celebrate Memorial Day on the last Monday in May. Our country is full of celebrations with parades and special services to observe those soldiers that lost their lives for our country. We have the freedoms we do today because of these men and women, and, I for one, am very thankful for their service!

Many of us mark this day with the first picnic of the year. In some areas of the U.S. it is the beginning of warmer weather, in others, it may bring sweltering days when air conditioning is truly a blessing. But wherever we are, an outdoor meal seems in order.

Yesterday, was a beautiful day here in New Jersey. The sun was shining brightly, and the breeze picked up a bit just while I was shooting.  I created a Memorial Day tablescape which started with a foundation of royal blue and white wide stripe decorator fabric. 

The first time I laid eyes on this fabric was from my beloved Carolyne Roehm coffee table book, A Passion for Parties. Carolyne decorated using this for a birthday bash she held for family members. I couldn't get over how beautiful it was. The complementary colors are endless, but red came to mind of course because of this being a patriotic holiday.

Memorial Day Tablescape
I filled the mint julep cups with Queen Ann's Lace and the porcelain urn with white Apple Blossoms.






My source list:

1. Porcelain vase-Hobby Lobby
2. Red rimmed plates, red goblets, and floret on napkin-Dollar Tree
3. Blue luncheon plates-Home Goods
4. Blue/white stripe fabric-Boca Bargoons

**Silverware, mint julep cups, and red linen napkins were already a part of my entertaining staples.

I'd love to hear what you think about this tablescape. Please drop us a comment.

 ENJOY!

                                   Wishing you all a safe and fun Memorial Day!  

                                                           Kathleen
















2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Craftberry Bush, lovely table. I like to use what I have on hand in creative ways too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughtful comment Carol @ From My Carolina Home! It's great fun to mix and match.

    ReplyDelete